Peyman Umay’s U.S. journey started with his involvement in New York Fashion Week and Las Vegas Magic Show, where he presented his collections two years in a row. In 2007, Umay joined Beau Brummel, the high-end men’s wear chain, as head designer. He was responsible for conceptualizing the brand, training the production group and conducting his team in in-store appointments. During his two and a half years as designer at Beau Brummel, Umay blended his European elegance with American comfort and created unique looks that have become his signature style. His collections increased the annual sales of the company by 32%.
In 2009, Umay resigned from his post at Beau Brummel, to launch his own brand. He founded PEYMAN UMAY LLC, and created the PEYMAN UMAY brand in May 2010, which offers luxury bespoke men’s and women’s clothing. Within 3 years, through his passion, hard-work and colorful agenda; Peyman created a loyal clientele by combining his creative skills with bespoke elements; offering unique services that no other brand does. Realizing the need and not being able to resist the consistent demand from lady clients and friends; He launched women’s made-to-measure line in 2013 for women to go from power to play for any occasion in Peyman Umay.
Being recognized as the definitive brand for high-end men’s and women’s outfits, Umay became the first choice for the highly affluent men and women of U.S. from Hollywood to Sports. After catering to the best with his made-to-measure line for almost 4 years; Umay announced PEYMAN UMAY READY-TO-WEAR line in November 2014, offering a luxury collection of men’s clothing, hand-made belts, wallets and one of a kind shoes for every occasion. He opened the first Peyman Umay shop in Aspen, Colorado in December 2014 to share his newest addition with everybody and let them enjoy the unmistakable feeling of owning a Peyman Umay design. Peyman Umay, an androit in the industry, continues his reign as one of the leading designers in NY.
• Rising Star Award Winner by Fashion Group International in Menswear Category (2017)
• Rising Star Award Finalist by Fashion Group International in Menswear Category (2016)
• Rising Star Award Nominee by Fashion Group International in Menswear Category (2014)
• “Extra Ordinary Talent” Recognition by U.S.C.I.S.
Shows and Exhibitions
• New York Fashion Week(U.S.)
• Magic Show (U.S.)
• Milano Fashion Week (Italy)
• Milano Unica (Italy)
• Milano Collezioni Uomo (Italy)
• Shirt Avenue (Italy)
• Pitti Immagine Uomo (Italy)
• Paris Fashion Week (France)
• Premiere Vision (France)
• Bread and Butter (Spain and Germany)
TV and Apperances
• Design Star
• The Millon Dollar Listing
• Celebrity Apprentice
• The Real Housewives of NY